Following are some of the most common signs of a kidney that is not functioning properly. TCM would immediately recognize them as problems to pursue for healing:
- Hair loss
- Bones that break easily
- Frequent urination
- Thyroid problems
- High blood pressure
- Knee pain, heel pain, neck pain, and chronic lower back pain
- Ringing in the ears
- Constant thirst
- Constant cold, especially of the hands and feet
- Loss of sexual desire
- Infertility and low sperm count
If you have one or more of the problems listed above, then you know that your kidney Qi already is not functioning properly. If you’ve tried unsuccessfully to lose weight before The Dragon’s Way, you can begin to see why this effort was so difficult. The root cause was not being addressed.
As you’ve already learned, we are constantly drawing on our savings account of Inborn Qi, and often use its precious funds wastefully. So remember, do everything you can to conserve it. Conservation, if we follow the way of nature, is the most important principle with regard to the kidney. The kidney, as you can see from the above list, corresponds with the season of winter. And think of what happens during the winter. Trees lose their leaves, animals hibernate, birds fly south, and lakes and ponds freeze over. Nature withdraws into herself; she saves her energy and she rests. In the same way, we should follow nature’s example. Become more conscious of the value of your Qi foundation and do everything possible to conserve it. This is particularly important if you are trying to lose weight.
Every year, I see many patients who either gain weight or get sick right after the New Year. Why do so many of these people gain weight? It’s not necessarily because they’ve overeaten during the holidays, although they sometimes blame it on that. Interestingly enough, the root cause of their weight gain or illness is the fact that they have mentally, physically, and emotionally overdrawn Qi from their Energy Savings Account.
Eating for healing and strengthening your Acquired Qi can reduce your usage of Inborn Qi.
Here are activities that can waste your special kidney Qi needlessly:
- Exercising too much
- Staying up past midnight
- Drinking cold things on a regular basis
- Taking a cold shower after exercising
- Too much sex
- kidneys not working properly
- kidneys not functioning properly
- kidneys not functioning properly symptoms
- kidney not functioning properly
- how do you know if your kidneys are working properly
- kidney not functioning properly symptoms
- how do you know if your kidneys are not working properly
- symptoms of kidneys not working properly
- symptoms of kidney not functioning properly
- symptoms of kidneys not functioning properly
Category: The Theory of Qi